Location: Simcoe County (Alliston, Beeton, Tottenham)
Region: Ontario (outside of GTA)
Employment Status: Casual
Opened Date: 2014-05-08
Saint Elizabeth is an award-winning not-for-profit and charitable organization, known for its track record of social innovation, applied research and breakthrough clinical practices in home and community care. Our team of 7,000 nurses, rehab therapists, and personal support workers deliver more than six million health care visits annually.
Our Foundation is dedicated to raising funds for the advancement of knowledge and charitable initiatives in home and community care.
As a Social Worker you’ll provide client management through all stages of assessment, treatment, consultation and advocacy to promote and restore mutually beneficial interactions between clients and their social environment.
This role would work out of the South Simcoe Region - Alliston Bradford Tottenham
- Adhere to all regulatory and legislative requirements in the delivery of Social Work services.
- Develop assessment and treatment plans consistent with College and Saint Elizabeth Standards, including:
- Providing education and information to clients and families to meet treatment goals.
- Facilitating applications to appropriate resources.
- Providing skills and training to assist in accessing resources and access to required support networks.
- Teaching clients and families strategies for enhanced function and coping.
- Ensure service modalities are current and consistent with service delivery goals.
- Ensure superior knowledge of support and community resources is obtained.
- Provide consultation within a multidisciplinary environment as required.
- Maintain accurate and legible written records in compliance with professional college.
- Comply with all contractual obligations in the delivery of Social Work services.
- Maintain highly professional and collaborative communication with referral sources, clients, caregivers and the care team as a resource to the Customer and Client, as required.
- Must have obtained a Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
- Must be a member in good standing of the Ontario College of Social Service Workers and Social Service Workers and submit annual written proof thereof.
- Previous work-related experience in the rehabilitation services sector is ideal.
- Must carry professional malpractice insurance and submit annual written proof thereof.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a roadworthy motor vehicle and adequate liability insurance.
- Available to travel within the assigned area