Region: Ontario (outside of GTA)
Employment Status: Part Time
Opened Date: 2014-09-29
Saint Elizabeth is an award-winning not-for-profit and charitable organization, known for its track record of social innovation, applied research and breakthrough clinical practices in home and community care. Our team of 7,000 nurses, rehab therapists, and personal support workers deliver more than six million health care visits annually.
Our Foundation is dedicated to raising funds for the advancement of knowledge and charitable initiatives in home and community care.
We have a need for a Registered Dietitian to provide client management through all stages of assessment, treatment, consultation and follow-up services to clients.
- The provision of nutrition services to paediatric clients in their home who are clients of the Community Care Access Centre; and,
- Interventions including client and caregiver education regarding:
- enteral feeding
- diabetes counseling
- nutrition issues related to cancer and cancer treatment
- dysphagia caused by ALS, MS, stroke and other neuromuscular disorders
- renal diets
- weight changes and malnutrition
- Graduate of an accredited program in Dietetics.
- Member in good standing of the College of Registered Dietitians of Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Previous work-related experience in the rehabilitation services sector.
- Paediatric client experience