Location: York Region (Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Aurora, Bradford)
Region: Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Employment Status: Casual
Opened Date: 2014-09-16
Saint Elizabeth is an award-winning not-for-profit and charitable organization, known for its track record of social innovation, applied research and breakthrough clinical practices in home and community care. Our team of 6,500 nurses, rehab therapists, and personal support workers deliver more than five million health care visits annually.
Our Foundation is dedicated to raising funds for the advancement of knowledge and charitable initiatives in home and community care.
We are currently seeking Occupational Therapist to work at Mackenzie Health across all inpatient areas (inpatient: neuro, cardiac, surgical, medicine, complex care, ortho, ER, mental health), Occupational Therapists will provide patient management through all stages of assessment, treatment, consultation and follow-up services to patients. The successful candidate will be familiar working in a team environment and in delegating treatment to appropriately qualified therapy assistants. Please note that we are looking for OT's to work during the weekdays.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Occupational Therapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Conducting assessments
- Formulating goals and recommendations
- Planning and implementing patient centered, goal-directed treatment programs through the use of Therapy Assistants
- Recent experience in managing patients in acute/rehab or community based rehabilitation programs is required
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with rehab assistants as well as with a high performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
- Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications
- BCLS and CPR certificate
Please note that we are looking for OT's to work during the weekdays