Saint Elizabeth is an award-winning not-for-profit and charitable organization, known for its track record of social innovation, applied research and breakthrough clinical practices in home and community care. Our team of 7,000 nurses, rehab therapists, and personal support workers deliver more than six million health care visits annually.
Our Foundation is dedicated to raising funds for the advancement of knowledge and charitable initiatives in home and community care.
Registered Kinesiologist Overview
As a key member of the Saint Elizabeth clinical team the Kin will work with Senior’s to increase their health and wellness. The suitable Kin will be able to work well independently and in a team, they will be customer service focused, and have great people skills. Saint Elizabeth will need to be available casually and are able to start in (May). This role will be responsible for conducting a Fall Prevention Classes, participants are seniors at various locations in the Toronto Central region.
- Assist the supervising physiotherapist in performing various components of the treatment plans for individuals living in senior’s buildings
- Perform various treatments as prescribed and directed by the supervising Physiotherapist including but not limited to gait training, balance exercises, transfer training, range of motion, strengthening, application of modalities. (i.e. heat, ice, ultrasound, TENS)
- Deliver dynamic, safe and therapeutically beneficial exercise classes for groups of residents
- Set up and prepare equipment and clean up after residents’ treatments
- Ensure that the resident gym and treatment areas are safe and tidy
- Maintain regular ongoing communication with the physiotherapist regarding any changes or concerns about a resident’s status or treatment interventions
- Design and implement exercise programs
- Perform standardized outcome measures with seniors
- Completed or in the process of completing a University Kinesiology Degree
- Registered Kinesiologist or in progress
- Preference will be given to people who have experience working with seniors