Saint Elizabeth is an award-winning not-for-profit and charitable organization, known for its track record of social innovation, applied research and breakthrough clinical practices in home and community care. Our team of 7,000 personal/home support workers , nurses, and rehab therapists, deliver more than five million health care visits annually.
If providing a broad range of personal care and home support services to people of all ages and care needs is your passion, then we want you on our team!
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with over a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Round-the-clock access to clinical and managerial support
- Flexible scheduling
- Work in your own community
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Certificate from a recognized HCA Program, or equivalent training and/or experience
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights and weekends as required
- One year of relevant experience is preferred
- A valid driver’s license, clean driver’s abstract, insurance and access to reliable vehicle
- Access to a computer and basic computer skills is required
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Current Heart and Stroke BLS Level C required. Food Handling, and First Aid certificates an asset
- Criminal Record Check and References (upon hire)
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.