Saint Elizabeth Health Care is a premier provider of community health care in Ontario. Building on our commitment to mental health services and in collaboration with key partners, we offer opportunities to be a part of a new community based crisis program – COAST Peel. This program provides prompt crisis intervention, assessment and management support to individuals and/or families dealing with a mental health crisis and where the situation puts them at risk of becoming involved with the criminal justice system in Peel Region.
As a member of the COAST Peel team, you will work with a plain clothes police officer to provide timely mobile crisis response to non-emergency high risk mental health situations. You will assess clients mental and psychosocial needs, provide support in ensuring that the necessary supports are in place to stabilize the crisis, and liaise and consult with other community services as needed.
- Must have an RN, OT, MSW or BSW with current professional registration.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience of adult mental health and/or crisis intervention experience.
- Excellent skills in assessment, crisis management support, effective problem solving and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle.
- Willingness to work days, evenings and weekends is necessary.
- CPR certification or the willingness to obtain one.
- Experience in community mental health and justice system, suicide and non-violent crisis intervention training.
- Additional language skills are an asset.