This position will involve assisting Speech Language Pathologists in the provision of intervention for communication disorders in the hospital setting, under the clinical direction and general supervision of the Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Implement remedial speech/language programs under the supervision of a speech and language pathologist.
- Collect, compute and display therapy data based on observational training.
- Troubleshoot and/or perform routinely required maintenance procedures on therapy materials.
- Prepare written and oral progress reports
Education and Qualifications:
- Post Graduate Diploma from a community college (e.g., Communicative Disorders Assistant Program diploma) or equivalent
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of supportive conversation techniques and group facilitation skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Mayer-Johnson Boardmaker, and Writing with Symbols
- Experience with digital photography and related software an asset
- Fluency with email and internet
- Ability to effectively work independently and as a member of a team